Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Life - New Art



                               I like this new painting! The woman is looking forward to the future.






She is  determined  to create a life of her own choosing - forging a path through a sometimes confusing and seemingly chaotic universe.










 

She's not delusional - experience has taught her it won't all be Rainbows and Unicorns!












  Still, she looks forward to the challenges that lay ahead; wishing for strength and courage against the darkness; humility and grace in the golden glow of good fortune.








   To all who have wished me well upon my journey, I am so thankful for your friendship and good wishes. It makes all the difference in the world! I hope that I can do the same for you, should you be in need.

* I entered this painting in the weekly challenge over at Illustration Friday. It seemed to fit the topic for the week, which was "Forward".

3 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Hi Sheri! Ah, another mysterious woman. The last one was more darkly mysterious, while this one seems more thoughtful and contented. Which, coincidentally, sounds just like what you intended!

Glad to have you back in the arty groove, and I hope this year is great!

Sheryl McClure-Pitler said...

Thanks, Cindy! Yes, the first one (with the burgundy colors) was a bit more somber. I had in mind some of the family and friends I know who have some really tough challenges in their lives - not just the relatively mild adventure I experienced recently. Whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, i think of them and how bravely they face and endure their particular situations. The burgundy woman reflects that.

I so appreciate your good thoughts and encouragement!

Best wishes to you and your in this new year!

Bella Sinclair said...

How beautiful! Wow! So very inspirational and celestial. She is gorgeous, and I love the deep blues and the golds. Fantastic!